The Rock is the revelation of Who Jesus is
MATTHEW 16:15
:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
The rock represents the true revelation of Who Jesus is.
The Rock is Christ
I CORINTHIANS 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
The rock is not Peter. Four verses later, he is called Satan.
MATTHEW 16 :23
Get behind me satan.
Peter would go on to deny Jesus three times just before He was crucified.
MATTHEW 7:24
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment